Sunday, October 23, 2011

Have A Very She & Him Christmas (In October)

All this not going to school is leaving me completely uninspired.  So I am just going to do what I do best, which is, ramble on and on about something entirely pointless.  Feel free to skip this post, if you so desire, I won't hate you too much.

So right now, you won't believe this, but I am listening to Christmas music.  Generally I don't listen to Christmas music, even if it is December.  That is not entirely true, it would be more accurate to say that I don't listen to Christmas music by choice, it is just shoved down my throat every time I get in the car after Thanksgiving.  ANYWAY, though Christmas music isn't all that exciting to me normally, She & Him are coming out with a new Christmas album very soon.  And while stalking Zooey's Tumblr (I still don't get Tumblr), I came across some of the songs, and I'm telling you, this isn't just your mom's holiday listening choices.  Well, I guess it could be.  In fact, it probably is.  Not my point though.


See, look how cool they look.  While shopping at your local supermarket, you could see this album and think "Wow, look at those two mysterious people gazing suspiciously into the distance.  It might be possible that buying this album is my destiny." 

Christmas music itself has never failed to confuse me.  The radio doesn't play music for any other holiday, what makes Christmas so different?  Okay, I can name a lot of reasons.  Not that I am very educated on what radios play nowadays, I rarely listen to the radio, and if I do it is always 101.9 or 96.3 in my mum's van while driving to yet another grocery store to compare prices of pickles.  

The thing that bothers me about radios is that they always play the same songs, and they are always the most popular ones on an album.  For example, Young The Giant's "Your Body" is the only song of theirs that I have heard outside of my room.  Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy that song, but their other songs are great too, and yet they are neglected.  I suppose it would be rather expensive for a radio station to invest in songs that won't be smashin' hits.  Maybe I should have my own radio station.  That would be a little bit really fantastic.  

I really should get to my homework, huh.  I am pretty glad that fall break is over, I mean it was great, the most fun I have had for a while, but school is where its at.  And by "it", I mean.... well, honestly, I don't know what I mean.  Definitely not good food.  Good food is not at school. 

2 comments:

Trudy said...

I have a birthday coming up! I would love this album. We could listen to it in the van together. :)

emcrump said...

I love She & Him. a lot. I've been looking forward to this album for quite a while, in fact :)

Post a Comment