Friday, October 21, 2011

Things Hanging From My Ceiling

Let me start off by telling you how much I hate the word "ceiling".  It sounds like a disguising substance that you can find in the corpse of a squirrel.  Or something.

Anyway, despite my hate for the word itself, ceilings actually have a lot of opportunity.  Using clear thread and the natural gift of gravity, you can hang about anything you want from it (I would suggest not hanging dead bodies and or logs set aflame from this surface).  Here are some of the things that I have hung from my.... ceiling.

Some Strange Hanging Contraption
Don't ask me what it is, because I honestly don't know.  We found it in my great grandma's house, the same day that we found the Ramen Noodles with bugs in them and umbrellas made out of cigarette wrappers.  Seiji had it in his room for a while, but took it out.  Probably due to the fact that, because of his incredible height, he kept running into it.  He has the same problem with the lights in the kitchen.

Death Cab For Cutie Ticket
I'm pretty sure that Death Cab is the only band that I have mentioned on this blog.  Don't worry, dear readers, I like other bands too (I will probably end up blogging about them later).  Anyway (wow I say anyway a lot)(and I use a lot of parenthesis), this ticket is on my ceiling because I am one of those depressing people that dwell on the past.  Each time I look at it, I get depressed.  So I proceed to listen to Guster and feel bad for myself.  Hey look, I just mentioned more music that I listen to.

Dream Catcher
I made this at Girl's Camp when I was 12, and I had absolutely no idea what to do with it.  Then came to me a genius thought.  I thought to myself, "Self, hang it up."  And so hang it up I did.  Since that day I have only had totally awesome dreams.  Like that time I killed an immortal guy (don't worry, he was evil) and then chopped up his remains and buried them in various places around town.  Or when I was being chased by zombies.  That was a good one.

A Camel
I have always had a strange love for camels.  I think it is because of the way I draw them.  What the...... you might not know that way!  Don't worry, I will show you a picture eventually.  Anyway (there I go again), my dear friend Jeff took notice of my love, and sculpted me this for Christmas last year.  It found a home on my fan, where it resides peacefully amongst my lights.

A Stained Glass Thing
A long time ago, my parents went to England.  Good thing they went then, if they went now without me...... that would be a mess.  When they came back, they brought a variety of random things, including chocolate (it was really fantastic chocolate), a teacup (in which I have broken several times), and this.  I don't know what it was made for, but I'm sure it can be used for several things, including an eye patch, an archery target, or a hat.  Not finding a use for any of those things, I chose to hang it from my ceiling.

Harry Potter Ticket
 The last Harry Potter movie was golden, one of the greatest 130 minutes of my life.  Harry Potter has always been a very important thing in my life, for very nerdy reasons.  It would be so nice to live in a world full of magical redheads and moving pictures.  Being a Slytherin, I have tried speaking parseltongue, but that ended up with me painfully kicking a cactus (long story).

Origami
A few years ago, I had an obsession with origami, and made enough of these babies to ward off any disease.  Only two remain on my ceiling.  I leave them there because people often conclude that I am magical after failing to see the clear string in which they hang from.

So those are the objects that hang from my ceiling.  You may be thinking, "Thats weird.  Shes weird." and I must agree that I am indeed a weird person.  But when I lay on my bed, thinking about all the things I should be doing, but obviously not doing those things, and staring at my ceiling instead, it is rather entertaining to have something to look at.  I apologize for that sentence, in which you may have found confusing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment