Saturday, November 12, 2011

Most Played Albums This Week

I listen to a lot of different music.  My favorites come and go in obsessive phases, so I will tell you what I have loved most this week. 

Oh Mae.  Mae has been one of my favorites for a very long time.  Unfortunately, the band broke up.  But fortunately, they are back together!  My friend called me earlier this week with that beautiful news, and I almost cried, I was so happy.  So, The Everglow, as my favorite album of theirs, has been playing quite a lot this week.  I have even started learning another one of their songs on the piano.  You see, I am very excited about this.

The other day I was making a DNA model, and I was like Hmmm what shall I listen to today? and after lots of thought, I decided to listen to this gem, The Queen Is Dead.  It was a great experience, as it always is.  It reminded me of how much I love The Smiths.  I am even listening to this album right now!

 A friend of mine told me about this band last week or something.  Completely trusting his taste in music, I downloaded it and found that I can't really stop listening to it.  It is very lovely, I tell you.  Now I have a deep desire to learn an incredible amount of their songs on the piano.

Its insane how much I enjoy Lykke Li's "Wounded Rhymes".  I used to only have her album "Youth Novels", which I liked well enough, but a few months ago I was like I wonder what her other albums are like, so I proceeded to buy this album.  One of the greatest purchases of my whole life (next to the yellow tights, of course).  When you feel bad for yourself, its a great idea to hide in the corner, eat chocolate, and listen to this album.

No comments:

Post a Comment