Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Sound Of Settling (No Longer)

Last night, I was so joyfully watching Glee, with not a care in the world.  I didn't think anything could tear my attention away from Damian, er, "Rory."  Man, that is some triple dolphin hand right there.  Anyway, over the soothing sound of his voice, I hear my mum say, "Oh, you hear about your two favorite people, how they split up?"

WHAT!!!!!!

Knowing exactly who she was talking about (I probably have mentioned that they are my favorite people on multiple occasions), I screamed a little and ran to see what the crap my mum was reading, hoping it was written by an untrustworthy two year old or something. 

Unfortunately, it was a trustworthy site.  Ben Gibbard and Zooey Deschanel.  THEY WERE SO CUTE TOGETHER!  I mean, look at this.

Maybe I should mention that this picture is also on my wall.  I like to stare at it in my free time.

Ben, how could this be?  When she sings, YOU HEAR A FREAKIN SYMPHONY!
Zooey, why?  HE HAS AWESOME HAIR!

Earlier yesterday, before all this madness, I was in Ceramics class, hummin' myself a little Elton John while painting a sculpture of Ben Gibbard (obsessed a little?).  I thought to myself, What a beautiful world this is, where my two heroes, in whom I loved before I even knew of their marriage, are actually married!  Then I went on to thinking, Man, that would be hard on both sides, though, with Ben always on tour and Zooey always at work.  They must love each other a dang lot.

Life sucks, my friends.

As you might have picked up on, I am pretty depressed that things didn't work out between them.  But they both agreed on it, so its probably for the best.  I wouldn't want them to be unhappy.

And maybe we will get another album like "Plans" out of this.

1 comment:

emcrump said...

Yeah, Ben!?!?! A FREAKING SYMPHONY.

Post a Comment