Monday, December 19, 2011

The Art Of Manliness

What a pleasant surprise it was when Noah lent me "The Art Of Manliness" by Brett and Kate Mckay.  It was interesting what the cover looked like.  I was expecting this to be a book about surviving in the wild with large beards and such, not how to be a sophisticated gentleman. 


However, I enjoyed this book greatly, and agreed very much with it.  It was pretty much like a handbook.  Let me share with you some of the most important ways to be manly.
  • When in need of a haircut or a manly shave, go to a barbershop. 
  • Don't talk on your cell phone when you have a captive audience. 
  • If you don't get a response to a text message, don't text them again asking if they got the first one.
  • Don't poke (on Facebook.  Or real life for that matter).
  • Don't forward chain letters or stupid jokes.
  • Photos taken of yourself by yourself reveal your vanity.
  • It is okay to "Man Hug".
  • Bartitsu is a great way to defend yourself.
  • Girls like guys with skills.
  • Don't panic while delivering a baby.
  • Braid your daughter's hair.
  • The best foods are ones that can be cooked on a stick.
  • Imitate Jesus and Socrates. 
I learned a lot from this book, I am glad that I read it.  Now I can continue on my journey of being a manly man, despite the fact that I am no man at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment