Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Mum!

Today is my mum's birthday.  After a really long time, I still couldn't think of something creative to post about her, so I am just going to do a post about her, how much I love her, and how she made me who I am today.

She has always been so supportive and let me do whatever I was into.  Like when I was obsessed with Junie B. for reasons I can't really remember, she threw me the coolest birthday party ever.


I am pretty sure that I wore that outfit to school on multiple occasions.  Including the bow made of paper.  And did she stop me?  Of course not.  What a nice mom.  And when I was in the Nutcracker in 2006, it was probably more work for her than me.  Since it was a really posh dance academy, we would have to travel pretty far (more than 30 minute drive) almost every day for rehearsals. 


Why she let me take dance classes from pretty much the most expensive company in the state, I still don't know.

Now that I am older, my mum has become one of my very best friends.  Often, I tell my friends I can't hang out just because I want to hang out with my mom :D  One of our favorite things to do together is eat.


We also go shopping several times a week, even if it means leaving the boys home to starve or not having time to do homework.  

It is really nice being the only daughter because, due to the lack of little children running around our house (thank moses), she always has time for me if I need to talk to her or if I just want to do nothing with her.

I am so lucky to have her as my mom.  I wouldn't want her to be any different.  Really, I think of her as more of a friend than a parent.  So Mom, thank you, you good woman, for driving me around town, always taking my side, buying pretty much whatever books I want (wahaha), and just being there for me at all times.

I love you, have a happy birthday!

1 comment:

Trudy said...

This post is my most favorite birthday gift! Thank you, Sissy. I love you. You made my day.

Post a Comment