Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My Great-Grandma's Cheesecake

Hey guys!  With Thanksgiving being tomorrow, I thought that I would share with you how to make my favorite Thanksgiving dessert-homemade cheesecake!


But not just any cheesecake, of course.  The kind that my great grandma Lucille used to make!  I even used her pans, bowls, and her rolling pin (to add to the effect).

First you get two packs of graham crackers and a 9x13 pan...


Put the crackers in a zip-lock and smash them up real nice with a rolling pin (or a sculpture of a head, I suppose)


 Add two handfuls of sugar....


Once you have that done, dump the crumbs into the pan and add about a half cup of melted butter.


Smoosh it all together, press it down flat, and gather up the following ingredients:

28 oz sweetened condensed milk (two small cans)
2/3 c. lemon juice
16 oz cream cheese

Beat them all together (in a separate bowl, of course).  Do not be alarmed when you find it kind of chunky.  That is the best.  Of course, if you prefer non-chunky cheesecake, beat up the cream cheese really smooth before adding all the other ingredients.

Pour it on the crust...


And VIOLA!  You have successfully created a cheesecake.

 
Eat it with fruit if you so desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment