You will need....
1. Mix together the molasses, brown sugar, water, and shortening.
Yes, it will look disgusting:
2. Stir the flour, baking soda, salt, allspice, ginger, cloves, and cinnamon together in a separate bowl with a spoon.
3. Pour the flour mixture into the gross-looking brown one and beat it up!
4. Cover it and stick it in the fridge for 2 whole hours. I know. That is a long time.
2 hours later....
5. Roll the dough out about a fourth inch thick, and use some adorable cookie cutters to cut out the cookies!
6. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or so!
There you have it. But wait! We are forgetting something crucial! Don't forget the icing, here is my favorite recipe:
1 egg white
2 c. powdered sugar
Yes, that is all. But if it is too thick for your liking, add a tiny bit of water.
Beat it all together and frost away, my love!
Feel free to have them be wearing cardigans and vintage dresses. You know. In honor of me.
Have a happy Christmas Eve Eve.