Saturday, December 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Again, Mum!

Hey mum, it is your birthday today
And to be honest, I don't know what to say
I mean, I have things to say but I don't know how
So I'll try to write a good poem, I vow.
 

Hmm... well my favorite thing about you is
You are very supportive of my biz
And by 'biz' I mean, everything I do
What in the world would I do without you?


Like some mums think that their daughter is weird
In my case it's true, I'm sure you have feared
Even if I have a head on my shelf


Another thing I like is how you are my friend
With you, all my time I could spend
You understand me in a way most people can't
And you always listen to me when I need to rant


So on this day where you will turn another age
I thank you for not keeping me in a cage
You've taught me well, how to deal with life
Dad is so lucky to have you as a wife!


Love you, mum!

1 comment:

Trudy said...

I love you, Madi! Thanks for the beautiful tribute. What a poet you are!

Post a Comment