Monday, December 31, 2012

In 2012 I...

Hey guys.  I can't believe it, but another year is down.  It seriously feels like yesterday that I was writing up my 2011 In Review post.  As I get older, time seems to go by quicker and quicker.  That terrifies me, because one day I am going to wake up and wonder where my life has gone.

Anyway.  Remember how I said last year that 2011 was the best year of my life?  Well it was in the way that it was the most fun.  And of course it was fun, because it led to the hardest year of my life.  Things just happen that way, I guess.

Yup.  2012 was super hard.  Hardest year of my life so far.  So much happened, I was put through a lot.  But you know what?  In the end, I can say that I am grateful for the trials that this year has put me through.  This year I have learned more than I ever had.  Life is hard, truly it is.  But I have learned how to get through it and how to be happy despite what my circumstances may be.  I feel like I have had to really grow up this year.

But as for what I did these past 365 days, you know, the happy things, here they are!

 Though I love music, I learned that my true calling in life lies in words (journalism) and fashion.

I got an Instagram account!  Now Instagram is one of my favorite things in life.


I set a school record!  Yup, for running the 2-mile in 9th grade track.  No doubt it will be broken this year, though, they've got some incredible freshmen!

I went to the beach on a rainy day.  Not only that, but I swam in the ocean in a vintage dress.  Believe it or not, that was on my bucket list.  It was worth the cold that followed!

 I sat onstage with my second favorite band.  Nothing makes you feel music more than when you are that close to the source (and in a garage.)

I really...enhanced...my sewing skills!  (I have a whole post dedicated to that very thing in the nearby future, just you wait!)


 I got my wisdom teeth out.  Wait, why is that on the list?  That was awful!  Well, not really.  Kess and I had a lot of fun with getting them out together!

I started high school!  Well, technically I started last year, but not physically (because I go to the actual high school now...)



And most importantly....I found out who my true friends are.

4 comments:

Oakley Seal said...

I nominated you for the very inspiring blogger award! (; The post on my blog goes up on the 2nd so check it out!

Madi Riye said...

Don't know quite what that means, but thank you! XD I'm definitely keeping an eye on your blog, I love it!

oakley seal said...

Haha I didn't either when I got it! It is just a way to share blogs you love and get yours a little more out there

oakley seal said...

Haha I didn't either when I got it! It is just a way to share blogs you love and get yours a little more out there

Post a Comment