Friday, December 14, 2012

The Hobbit!

Guys, my friends and I have been waiting for this moment all our lives!


The Hobbit came out!  Of course, it was only the first part, and of course, we went at midnight last night!  Well, I guess that would be considered this morning, but you know what I mean.

Anyway, as you can see, I was the only one in our group who dressed up for this occasion, and no, I do not regret it!  I have no shame for being a nerd.  My costume was not nearly as cool as some people's there, though!  It was really quite a sight, that theater.

As for the movie, I loved it!  I love the book as well, and it followed semi-accurately.  They added a bunch of stuff, but it worked sufficiently (and I don't see how they could make three movies if they didn't add anything extra).  It felt very Lord Of The Rings, which was of course expected and of course appreciated.  What I found interesting, though, is that it was as dark as The Lord Of The Rings.  The book The Hobbit is technically a children's book, and is generally a happy adventure tale.  But in the movie they made it a very serious and a very dark adventure.  I'm okay with that, though, it was very nicely done!

Yeah well I should probably get to bed.  It is almost midnight.....how in the world am I still wide awake after staying up until four last night?  I guess (purposely) going to school almost three hours late today (so that I could sleep) did help a bit.  But I'll probably crash tomorrow anyway.  But that is okay - Bilbo Baggins is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment