Thursday, January 10, 2013

(500) Days Of Summer

So I mentioned in last week's 'favorites of the week' that my friends and I had a movie marathon.  I had seen all those movies before, but had the desire to show them to my friends.  So I showed them Moonrise Kingdom, which I have already reported on....

I also showed them The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, which I had watched a week earlier, and to be honest, didn't really love.  It was a little too....uhm....I don't know.  They tried too hard, I think.  So it ended up super cheesy.  Yet in the end, you find yourself most intrigued and think that maybe you do love that movie.  Then you remember a very obnoxious Emma standing in the back of a truck pretending to fly, and then cry yourself to sleep because it is just too....annoying.

Anyway.  The third movie that I showed them was my all-time favorite movie in the world.  I have seen it countless times.  And I am in love with it.  And I have no idea why I have not blogged about it before.


Do not cry with how adorably attractive both Joseph and Zooey are.  Even though that is exactly what I am doing right now.  I would seriously marry either of them.

What I love so much about this movie (other than the fact that my two favorite actors are the main characters) is the incredible soundtrack.  I mean, it starts off with Regina Spektor!  Any movie that starts out with Regina's glorious music has to be magnificent.  Then, Joseph and Zooey, er...Tom and Summer, bond over THE SMITHS.  Man, I love that band.


Not only is the soundtrack hot, so are their clothes!


I have mentioned before that Zooey Deschanel is one of my style icons.  And she is definitely worthy of that role throughout this movie.  Always in blue, too!

Yup, so that is about all the gushing I will shove down your throat for tonight.  You should really go watch this movie.  It is pretty much a chick-flick, but it is more of a realistic one, which doesn't make me want to punch things.  It may shock you.  It may make you laugh.  One thing for sure - it will make you cry because of how much you love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Madi

I did enjoy the movie (especially the dance number) but I was really hoping that the two main characters would be united in the end. I sort of felt an empty void from the movie. I was glad that Joesph Levy's character found someone at the end but you still don't know how it turns out for him (does he marry this girl or does he fall hard only to be heartbroken like he was from Zooey's character breakup). If you get a chance please see the movies "Warm Bodies" and "Now and Then". "Warm Bodies" is a take on Romeo and Juliette but with zombies. "Now and Then" is a coming of age movie that I love.

I love love Zooey's style, she has a classic chic 50-60s style. She has a very cute hipsterish quality with her outfits that she wears on her show and in person (I started to wear tights again because of her). and I really enjoy her show "New Girl".

I am also a big fan of "Big Bang Theory", "Game of Thrones" and a show that only has one season called "Freaks and Geeks".

Have a Great Day, ;o)
Amy

Madi Riye said...

Amy,

That dance number is the cutest thing in the world! Haha, it makes me so happy! It is quite interesting that Tom and Summer didn't end up together in the end, but that is one of the things I love about it. It makes it so unique!

I'm glad you also love Zooey's style - it is so different from the normal, popular styles these days. Very refreshing. It is fun to see her cute outfits in New Girl!

I always love getting recommendations of any kind, and I'll definitely take yours into consideration. So thank you!

I hope you also have a great day!

Post a Comment