Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Milkmaid Braids

Hey everyone!  So you know how, quite often, I do my hair like this:


It is true: I do.  And many people ask how I do it, so I decided that today I would show you!

What I love about doing my hair like this is that it keeps my hair out of my face.  It's like not having hair at all, it's awesome!  I have even had my hair like this while running in a XC meet (and thank goodness I did, because I puked twice that specific race and what if my hair was in my face?  Ew.  Sorry.)  Also, it takes like no time at all to do.  Which is most convenient.

Actually, there are thousands upon thousands of online tutorials of how to do this lovely hairstyle.  But I kind of made mine up, because in everyone else's the back looks awkward.  So I have created (though I'm probably not the first) a way that is visually pleasing from all angles AND it works for almost any length of hair! Yup, Chanel has even been able to do it with hers.

So let us begin.  Forgive me for getting a bit carried away with the pictures.  They are kind of hilarious.  And please forgive my unmade bed in the background as well.

 Before we begin, you will need some of these bad boys:
Especially the dog.

Start with...your hair.  It can be wet, dry, semi-wet, semi-dry, semi-sweet (credits for that one to Sami and Jeff), whatever.  It doesn't matter.  And split it into two sections!

Yup.  Now separate one side into two more pieces, the top half and the bottom half.  And braid them!

Do the same to the other side

Okay, now don't get confused, but you will need to take one of the bottom braids, and bring it over to the other side over the top of your head (I always take it in front of the other two braids that it passes on its journey, but it probably doesn't matter.)

Pin it down rather securely and do the same with the other side.

Good now just take the remaining braids under and pin them on the other side:

Pin any awkward fly-aways down, and you are done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an really
long comment but after I clicked submit my comment
didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
Anyway, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
Check out my homepage : need a construction company in winter garden fl

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute!! I'll trying this for sure! My hair is like yours (bangs and all), I hope it turns out just as nice haha :D

Post a Comment