Sunday, January 20, 2013

Seven Years At Velour (Grey Fiction, The Mighty Sequoyah, Parlor Hawk, and The Moth & The Flame)

Hey guys!  This weekend, the Velour was celebrating their seventh year anniversary by putting on some awesome shows with some of the best local bands.  So my friends and I went last night!


I'll have you know that we did not mean to be matching, but it is pretty funny that we showed up that way.  It just makes this picture five times more awkward than it already is!

Anyway.  There were tons of people there.  I think they were saying the capacity was 300 and they were sold out....


I guess waiting in the cold for merely five minutes payed off, because somehow we got awesome places....again!  Yup, right off to the side of the stage.  In fact, Chanel spent most of the time sleeping on the stage....

Now lets see... who played, you ask?

Grey Fiction played first.  I actually liked them!  Their style wasn't really something I would listen to and enjoy normally, but seeing them live made me really like them because they just got so into it.  Though I hope they washed that microphone after the singer was practically making out with it!  Yup, they were talented.  But I forgot to get a video...so you just get a picture, heh heh.


Next, The Mighty Sequoyah played!  I mostly liked them, and not just because this attractive man was so close by to stare at...


They weren't that bad!  I liked their style.  Here is a video of them if you would like to check it out...


The next one, Parlor Hawk, was probably my favorite.


I dunno.  I just really liked them!  But I must admit, it took every ounce of my willpower not to lick the pianist's elbow, which was right in front of my face:


Here is a video of them so that you can bask in their glory for yourself!  I really like the singer's voice.  And his lovely facial expressions, of course.


Last but not least, The Moth & The Flame!


This band was so much fun to watch!  Again, perhaps not the style I would normally listen to, but they put on such a good show and I ended up loving them so much!


Haha their hair was probably the funniest.  They really were a band that got all your attention!  You know, when a band is really passionate about what they do, you can tell, and you can't help but like them.  Especially when they are jumping all around the stage.
_____________________________________________________

So those were the bands that played - good times indeed.  They all got so into the music, which is the most important thing for performers to do, according to me.  It was kind of fun having so many people there because... people are fun to watch.  Like those people who just dance crazily the whole time.  And, of course, the awkward swayers such as I!

That is all for today.  I love the Velour.  Have a nice Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment