Tuesday, January 1, 2013

So This Is The New Year...

Hey guys!  If you haven't heard, it is now 2013.  Can you believe it?  I can't.  I really can't.  Remember at the beginning of 2012, I made a list of things I wanted to do?  Well let's go over them and see how that went!

I wanted to not die
When I wrote that, I was referring to the common belief that the world would end on December 21st.  Well, I don't think many people really believed that, and I certainly didn't, but I made it a goal to survive even if the zombies took over!  And guess what?  It seems as if I succeeded in that.  Well done, Madi.  Well done.

I wanted to keep up the daily blogging
Seems as if that went according to plan as well!  Yup, a blog post for every day.  I know that seems like a lot, 365 posts to come up with in a year.  But really, when you take it day by day, it isn't that hard.

I wanted to learn a new instrument
Hah.  No such luck.  But you know, since I realized that maybe music isn't my thing, I'm not really worried about it.  However, learning the ukelele still does sound awesome.  I'll get on that eventually.

I wanted to get better at sharps on the piano
Yeah, I didn't do anything about that either.  But again, I don't have much of a problem with it.  I like flats better anyway! 

Take my dog on more walks
I am a terrible person.
__________________________________________________________

I guess I didn't do everything I wanted to do last year.  But the only one I really regret is the last one.  My poor doggy!  Maybe I will get better at that this year, but you know, probably not.  But what do I want to do this year?  Here are five things that I came up with:

1. Keep up with the blogging!
I'll admit it, sometimes it is hard.  And it takes a freakin' lot of time.  But I have never regretted starting it, I love looking back at all the things that I would have forgotten if I hadn't recorded them!  I highly suggest that you should at least keep a journal.  People just forget things so easily, and think of how fun looking back will be!

2. Get back to the beach
But not a sunshiny beach.  You know I prefer them rainy and overcast.  I'd really like to make it to either Oregon or Washington this year!

3. Save more money
Life is getting really expensive, and I know it will get increasingly more so as the years go by.  So I really need to start saving most of my money!  I'm actually pretty decent at that, believe it or not.  But there is always room for improvement.  To save more money, I need to get a job when I turn 16.  But you know...actually I don't really need to do that, because teaching piano is great money, and I could pass out fliers and probably get a couple more students.  I also need to spend less money!  I'm still going to spend money to go do things with my friends, but I can probably decrease the intensity of my shopping habits.  Plus, who needs to buy clothes when you can just make them all?

4. Keep up with the piano and guitar skills
Especially if I am going to be a piano teacher for a while, I gotta keep up playing that.  And I just can't let myself forget any of the guitar skills that I taught myself in 2011!  I've already forgotten so much that I learned....can't let that continue.  Because knowing how to play instruments is very beneficial, especially when you are too lazy to really do anything, you can just create some music and pretend that you are doing something, you know?

5. I must quit wasting so much time
I don't think I have a huge problem with wasting time, but it is definitely there.  I believe that time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time, but time you don't enjoy wasting is certainly wasted time.

So there are just a few of the things I want to do this year.  I guess you could call them 'resolutions'.  Some of them, at least.  This year I really want to remember that I just need to take things one day at a time, and let what happens happen.

Well, I should probably go and complete this 'To Do' list I constructed last night.  It includes working on a post for tomorrow, which I am really kind of excited about.  Let me conclude by wishing you a happy new year!  Let's make it a good one. 

Her'meow'onie Granger

No comments:

Post a Comment