Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Graveyard Book: Neil Gaiman

Hey guys!  Today I am going to tell y'all about one of my favorite books, which would be The Graveyard Book.


I read this many many years ago.  Like... in 2010.  Okay, I guess it wasn't that long ago...but for a mere 15 year old, it definitely seems like it!

Anyway, a few weeks ago I really just wanted to read it again.  That is a rare occurrence.  You see, no matter how much I like a book, I usually never read it more than once.

But as much as I liked it when I was 12, I definitely liked it even better the second time!

It starts out with a family getting murdered, but the youngest baby somehow escapes and ends up in a graveyard, where the local ghosts decide to raise him.  He spends his whole childhood living amongst the dead.  The man who killed his family is still out to get him, so he can't leave the graveyard where he is safe.  And whenever he tries, it never ends well!

Pretty much this book just takes you through....the adventures of his life.  Oh man, it is so good!  I just love how Gaiman brings a somewhat morbid twist to a seemingly children's story.  Though I must admit, the illustrations genuinely terrify me:


That's all I have for you today, my dear readers.  If you ever need something to read, keep this book in mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment