Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Stranger: Albert Camus

I don't really know what to blog about today (well, I have a lot of ideas, but most of them include getting up and taking pictures of something.)  So I'm just going to sit here in my sweats with a box of girl scout cookies and this glorious vanilla steamer that I crafted myself, and tell you about a book that I finished just the other day!

This book is a classic.  A French classic, actually, from 1942.


The cover kind of gives me a seizure, and makes it look like science fiction....but I assure you, this book is not about aliens nor post-apocalyptic squirrels!  It is actually about humans and a murder (done in a very mortal way...no magic powers or anything).  And that is pretty much it.  You just read about his time in jail and stuff.

But guess what?  I loved it!  Yeah, I actually did!  I guess I just like the style of writing a lot, because although nothing really happened, I couldn't put it down.  It also helped that is is pretty short.  One problem though...I checked it out from the library and don't really remember where I put it...don't worry, it is probably in my locker... I never lose books!!!!

Yup.  So that is pretty much all for today.  Thursdays are busy, you know that?  Yeah, Thursdays are my piano teaching days.  I love it but it is seriously exhausting!  Have a good evening.  Eat some chocolate for me, because we are out.

No comments:

Post a Comment