Sunday, March 17, 2013

Unhinged: A Vintage Shop Review

Hey guys!  Today I am going to tell you guys some things about this really cool little shop in Salt Lake City that I love.  It is called Unhinged!


Now it may look a little scary from the outside.  I may or may not have been a bit afraid to go in.  But I'm glad that I did enter!


Looks pretty sweet, huh?  It is a consignment shop, so they buy vintage from people to sell.  They had a pretty great collection:


I especially loved their vintage party dresses...


My grandma and mum made me try on a few.  You know, because we are women.


We actually bought the green one!  You never know when you will need a floofy dress straight from the 50s.  It needs some altering, but nothing I can't handle.

Which brings me to my next object of discussion - prices!  Well, the prices are probably normal for most people, which is expensive for me.  For example, they asked for $60 for that green dress.  Which isn't bad at all, really, but we told the owner that we DEMAND a better deal (okay, we didn't demand it, we just kindly asked).  After a bit of negotiating, we got it for $36 which is sufficiently incredible!  So my point is, though the prices may seem a bit out of the glorious area, you may be able to strike a beautiful deal.

Another cool thing about this store is that not only do they sell vintage, but they support local artists and sell their stuff as well:


I'm into locally made things, I really am.

Well that is all I have for you today!  This is a fun place, you should probably go there.  And you should probably take me when you do.

Have a good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have been stalking your blog for several weeks now, and I have just seen this awesome vintage shop. Even though I live in Nigeria I would love to come out to Salt Lake and meet you. My name is Bultwakia Etuhku, I'm a 45 years old, and would love to meet you. Please call me and give me your social security number, thanks!

Madi Riye said...

:'D Lincoln? Allison? Whoever you are, I love you.

Post a Comment