Monday, April 1, 2013

Underground Seattle

I have some very shocking news for you today.  Well, it may not shock you, but it certainly shocked me!  Seriously, after I learned this, I didn't know what to believe in this world!  Because apparently, there is a whole city underneath Seattle!  Not even kidding!  WE WENT ON A TOUR.


Yes, the original Seattle was about 12 feet under the streets the hipsters tread upon.  See that grate-looking thing on the ground beneath me?


That, my friends, is a sky light.  Now this is what it looks like directly underneath....


Crazy, right?  I am still in shock.  That's why it gets a whole post to itself.

Maybe you are curious as to why they decided to build the city up higher in the late 1800s.  Well, it had something to do with a fire and sewage issues, I think.  I may or may not have been on Instagram during that explanation.

Anyway that is all I have for you today!  If you are interested in learning more, look it up, I wouldn't know the answers to your questions, haha.  Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment