Monday, August 19, 2013

Behold: The Last Day Of Summer

I really can't believe it...I swear that summer just started!  Agghhh!  I remember school way too perfectly to go back, and I can't believe that I'll be right back there tomorrow.


You know, I was actually really excited for school about a week ago, but now that it is so close I am definitely not mentally prepared.  I haven't had time to prepare myself, I've been way too busy adventuring and hanging out with my friends, as you saw in yesterday's post!


So I thought that I would dedicate a post to complaining about the summer being over, because it is kind of freaking me out how quickly it flew by.  You know, I only have one more summer in high school, then I'll be right off to college after my senior year.  That is super crazy!  Time flies quicker and quicker every year, and I don't know how to just slow it down.  Soon enough it'll be my kids on summer vacation.  But not too soon, of course, we still have many years before then.  But I'm just saying... time is moving fast.


It is kind of interesting how when you think of summer, you think of specific things from years past, and are excited to do those things again.  But then you never do those things, and you don't even feel bad about it!  Like in a post that I wrote in April I was saying how excited I was for summer because of bike rides, blazer rides, and evening fires.  Though I do love those things, I hardly got around to them at all.  I guess I am just slightly different every summer!


I am grateful for this summer, though.  I feel like I was able to get some quality thinking done, and I learned a lot about myself and people in general.  I hope I have time to get a lot of thinking done while school is in, but I doubt that I will with working at my grandpa's shop, teaching piano, cross country/track, and all of the AP calculus homework I'll get!


I have to keep reminding myself that school isn't all that bad.  This year will actually be a really great one, I'm sure!  I am taking lots of fun classes like sculpture, photo, and of course choir.  What I'm really excited for is English, actually.  Not to mention, Jeff and I signed up for half of our classes to be the same, so I'll get to spend a lot of time with him, which is always a good thing!


So anyway.  There is my rambling for the day.  I'm trying to stay positive, because after all, I only have two more years of high school and I should probably enjoy them as much as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment