Sunday, September 1, 2013

Durango & Silverton

Now you may be wondering why we ventured to Colorado.  It still remains a bit of a mystery to me....but the most momentous thing we did was ride a train!  Oh baby!


That is right.  We started out in Durango, Colorado and took a 4 hour train ride to Silverton.


It was beautiful!


It was a real steam engine!  Not environmentally friendly at all.  We had to wear sunglasses because of all of the soot, it got everywhere!


I spent a lot of the time leaning over the edge watching everything go by.  It was pretty fun, being in the 'open gondola'


Except I've got to say... 4 hours is a freakin' long time.  We may have fallen asleep a couple of times...


We found other ways to pass time as well, like taking pictures with one of the employees...


Walking from car to car was pretty fun, too!  I felt like a true adventurer.


We eventually arrived in Silverton, which is a cute little mining town.  We had time to look around a bit, but not much at all before we had to get back on to the train for another 4 hours!


So in all, the ride was 8 hours long.  It was a little bit super exhausting, actually.  It was way too long for my taste, 2 hours would have been sufficient.  At least there were many beautiful things to look at!


It was definitely a relief when we made it back to Durango.  We felt pretty gross by then....but still, I'm glad we rode the train.  It was definitely an experience to remember!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Dear Madi, you are super cute! These pictures are great! I am stalking you right now on your blog. JK but really. Cute pics

Madi Riye said...

Well a couple of weeks ago, I literally spent three hours on your blog...so I think we are even! And thank you :D

Post a Comment