Friday, February 21, 2014

Banana Bread

On Monday I asked my dad what he wanted me to bake for his birthday.  Usually he would say cupcakes, but this time he said banana bread!  It was pretty exciting because I hadn't made banana bread for a long time.  I think it turned out pretty good so I'll share with you guys the recipe!


Banana Bread

3 1/2 c. sifted flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda

2 c. mashed, ripe bananas
2 tbsp lemon juice

3/4 c. shortening
1 1/2 c. sugar
3 eggs

3/4 c. milk

1/2 c. chopped walnuts

Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.

In a separate bowl, mash the bananas with a potato masher.  Add the lemon juice and mix.

In yet another bowl, cream the shortening and sugar.  Add the eggs alternately with the milk, then mix in the bananas and nuts (beating after each addition).

Pour batter into 2 greased and floured loaf pans and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment