Monday, March 10, 2014

Pesto Is The Besto

Ethan always says, "pesto is the besto" and I couldn't agree more.

Really.  My mom bought this big jar of pesto from Costco and I have had the most wonderful time with that jar because pesto creates the most delicious food in the world!


In celebration of pesto, I thought I would share with you guys some different ways that I use it.

Pesto pasta
I really like this recipe for creamy pesto pasta.  Ethan, Kylee, and I made it a couple of months ago and I've also made it for my family.  Basically everyone loves it!  Another great pesto pasta is just pasta with a bunch of pesto on it.  That is super delicious.

Pesto butter
Last night Jeff and I made some pesto butter.  It was just 3 tbsp. of pesto and 2 tbsp. of softened butter. We put it on toast and it was the most delicious thing ever!  I don't know what else it would be good on, but I'm sure the possibilities are endless.

Pesto grilled cheese sandwiches
I like to put pesto on one of the pieces of bread before I put the cheese and other piece of bread on.  Then I cook it just like any other grilled cheese sandwich!  And it tastes super good...

Pesto tomato soup
I like to put a spoonful of pesto into my plain tomato soup.  It adds pizazz and is just an easy way to make soup more interesting.
_________________________________________________

So yup.  If you have any other pesto ideas, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment