Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Frankenstein: Mary Shelley

Finally I read another book report book that is worthy of reporting on!  The first couple I chose to read for school were really good, but the last few didn't live up to my expectations (or maybe I had just chosen them because they were short, heh heh).  Well, The Crucible was really good but I forgot to write about that.  Hmm.

Anyway, for this book report, which is probably the last book report of my life (I start college English next year, which Seiji is in now and says there's no book reports... and after next year I'm done with English classes forever which is actually really sad) I read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein!  And I was certainly impressed.


It wasn't what I thought it would be!  I knew a little bit about it, like that the monster was actually just a science experiment and wasn't meant to be a monster.  I was a little bit confused at first, though, because I didn't realize that Frankenstein was actually the scientist's name!

Unlike a lot of classics, Frankenstein jumped right into the story without a freaking long introduction.  I really appreciated that.  I thought that the book would be more about creating the monster rather than running away from it, so there I was pleasantly surprised.

I realize that I shouldn't give too much away since I have friends who will be reading it in their English class next year, but I will say that my favorite thing about Frankenstein was how it was written!  It was written beautifully, I could really picture the gorgeous scenes that Mary wrote about.  She was a very persuasive writer, too, she had me on the monster's side sometimes and the scientist's side at other times.  Very cool.  I highly recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment