Saturday, May 17, 2014

Summer Days

I started today with putting on my boy scout shorts, because I could feel the adventure in the air.  My family and I were planning on going up to the canyon today for some hiking and sitting around the campfire, but my mom was feeling noncommittal so we didn't go.  That's fine though, because I ended up having the most wonderful day with Jeff!  And since my blog is pretty much just my journal, you get to hear all about it.

First we went to The Nook & Cranny.  I love that place!  Jeff and I hadn't been there together for quite a long time, and we were impressed by how much the place continues to improve.  We spent about five years there, and I bought some vintage thread because it was cheap, haha.  I almost bought a pattern from the 50s, but then I felt like I should make sure that the pieces were in it, and of course they weren't.  Good thing I checked!


Afterwards, we stopped by Swig to see my cute cousin Allie at her first day of work.  Holy cow, it was crazy packed!  After we got our drinks and cookies, we went to the park to eat and hang around.  Oh my gosh the weather was gorgeous, and in the shade was the perfect temperature.


We then went back to my house to watch Flapjack, Spongebob, and documentaries.  And then we created our greatest chalk creation yet!  The solar system!  Wooh!  We are really proud of it, actually.  And our new friend, the neighbor's cat, liked it too!


Yup, it was a great day.  I know it isn't technically summer yet, but it felt like it so it counts.  Hope you had a wonderful day as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment