Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Roads In China

Okay.  The roads in China are TERRIFYING.  They make me feel so safe to live in Utah, and proud to be such a safe driver!  Let me give you some examples.  In China is is okay (and perfectly normal to):

Sit in the middle of the street
The closer to the cars, the better.

Walk underneath overpasses in any way you please

Have a conversation in the middle of a crosswalk
This one is my favorite.


Come to a road that has no lines painted on it
Not like anyone heeds the lines anyway.

Park on the sidewalk

Drive in any direction anywhere you want

And park right behind people
I guess you have to if there's no sidewalk to park on.

My friends, be grateful that you live in a place where you don't have to fear for your life every time you need to cross the street, or fear that somebody is going to walk right in front of your car as you drive.  I couldn't imagine being a driver on these busy streets!

No comments:

Post a Comment