Tuesday, July 29, 2014

First Day Of Cross Country Camp

Cross country camp came a little bit early this year, but I've been excited for it!  Excited, but of course nervous.  Trail running can be pretty hard!  However, once I saw the itinerary, I decided not to be nervous because we are only doing one run per day this year.  Cross country camp has become easier and easier each year, and it's not just me - we really are getting easier (and less) runs every time!

Anyway, we started with a nice warmup where we literally had to warm up.  For the first time ever, it was kind of a cold day of cross country camp!


Then we started our actual trail run which was actually super hard at first!  It was uphill for so long - we were dying!  But we weren't about to give up - we were having too much fun!



Finally we finished, only having gotten lost once (but not even that badly).  We were definitely warm by then, so it was time for a nice ice bath!  Holy cow that was a freezing creek.  It really hurt my toes!


After our ice baths we ate some lunch, learned about a new technique we are going to try this year, and played some games.  Well, other people played games while some of us just sat around and chatted, haha!


We got home early today, but I'm not complaining.  I'm exhausted!

2 comments:

Kenzie Draper said...

maid you are seriously always smiling when you're running. i love it :) that picture of you running with the fields and mountains in the background is seriously super awesome. i love when you catch up on blogging :)

Madi Riye said...

Haha well I can't not smile when there's a camera pointing at me, haha! I'm so glad you enjoy my blog :D

Post a Comment