Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th Of July!

I really love the 4th of July!  Like I've mentioned, summer evenings are my favorite, and I love spending time with my family.  When I can spend time with Jeff at the same time - that's even better!

Fourth of July apparel and sock tans.

Our family party was last night, and like every year, it consisted of lots of delicious food.  I made a patriotic cheesecake for the occasion.



After dinner, my cousins and I had a lot of fun playing.  The weather was perfect, and we needed to kill some time before it got dark!

I was sure to throw it right at his bat so it was like he hit it!





It was also fun hanging around and chatting with the adults, of course.



Soon enough, it was time for fireworks!  You know, it was really nice to have Jeff there to be our photographer for part of the time, so it wasn't all up to me.


My grandpa bought 42 fountains this year, which is quite impressive.  Seiji was in charge of helping all the kids light them off - it was a really good show!



So that is all!  As you can see, I had a wonderful 4th of July.  I think I appreciated it more this year because spending some time in a different country really made me appreciate my own.  I'm so grateful for all of the freedoms we have here, and America is overall just the most wonderful place!

I hope that you also had a great Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment