Thursday, August 21, 2014

I Got A Job!

Today I got a most fabulous call.  It was Thanksgiving Point, they want to hire me!

And not just for any job - the most perfect job ever!

You see, I've been half-heartedly (because I wasn't so sure I wanted one, haha) looking for a job for like a month now.  I interviewed at Roxberry, and apparently (Ethan works there and so he knows what's up) they've been meaning to hire me for weeks now, but they never even called me so whatever... making smoothies all day (and sometimes late into the night) didn't sound great to me anyway!

I applied at a running store, but got really nervous at the interview and told the guy about stir-fry when he asked me to teach him about running technique.  That was frustrating, because I know plenty about running technique!  I had things I could have told him, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Then I started hearing about how much people love working at Thanksgiving Point.  I know tons of people who work there, and they say such positive things!  So I looked  up their job openings and applied for a couple of jobs online.  And this week I went into an interview, rocked it, and got the job!


They call me the "Runner", and I get to drive around to each building to pick up and drop off mail!  It's the greatest thing ever because I don't have to stay in one place, I don't have to wear a uniform, and I get to drive around in my own car for work and they pay for my gas!  But, the best part about it is the hours, 2:30-5:30 Monday through Friday.  That's the main thing that attracted me to this job, and I feel so lucky that I got it!  No late nights and no weekends... I love it!

They actually hired one other girl for this job as well, her name is Madison (of course) and she seems really cool.  I'm excited to work with her, plus with two of us I can get days off pretty easily!  While one is doing "the run", the other works in the sign room making all the signs for Thanksgiving Point.  Totally my kind of thing, and I love that I don't have to be super social for it!

Another excellent thing about this job - now I get into everywhere at Thanksgiving Point for free!  My whole family as well!  And everyone who comes with me (who isn't my family) gets half off.  So I basically have a membership (and a great discount on food), so I am going to be spending a lot of time wandering around their beautiful gardens and exploring the museums.

I can tell that I'm really going to enjoy my time working for Thanksgiving Point.  I definitely know that this is the right job for me!  I'm grateful that I didn't get those other jobs that I applied for, however frustrating it was.  Good thing God is such a smart guy, he was for sure holding out on me for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment