Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Is It Fall Yet? (Signs That The Season Is Changing)

I got up this morning to the most magnificent smell.  My mom had changed our fruity summer candle to a more autumnal one.  The smell of pumpkin spice infused our whole house with the feeling of fall!


It made me a little bit anxious for my favorite season.  Maybe more than "a little bit" - I need it to come sooner!  I loved summer, I really did enjoy the sunshine and adventure that it brought, but I am ready for the cozy atmosphere of fall.  I need cooler weather, changing leaves, and pumpkin flavored everything!  So, like anyone would in this situation, I decided to pretend it was autumn already.  I just closed the curtains so I wouldn't notice the 80+ degree weather outside!

While basking in the delightful smell of pumpkin spice, I decided to add to that by making some delicious pumpkin muffins.  It was a great plan!  So delicious!


Then I remembered about our tree in our backyard that is always the first one to change colors.  So I stepped outside, and sure enough our sumac was starting to become vibrant!


That was a hopeful moment for sure.  Then I realized that maybe fall is coming quickly.  I mean, I spent time picking many tomatoes with my mom and grandpa yesterday, and our peach tree was breaking because of all the fruit it grew.  Harvest season is already happening!


I'm so excited for fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment