Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Other Things We Did On Our Ladies Trip

What a spectacular Ladies Trip we had!  It was only two days long, but it was packed full with fun activities.  I've already told you about a couple of them, but of course that is not it!  Here are some of the other things we did:

We went to Trader Joe's!  It was my first time going there, and it was a fun experience!  They had tons of interesting things, and I loved trying all of the samples.  I think I would appreciate it more if it was closer to my house though, I probably would go grocery shopping there!  But then again, maybe not.  It was a little too crowded for my taste!



We also went to this AMAZING antique store.  It was an old school (for the blind) completely full of giant antiques in perfect condition!  Mostly furniture.  Everything was so beautiful, it was overwhelming!  They had stuff in every floor, and man it was all expensive.  I think it is funny that you have to ring the doorbell to get in, so that they can examine you to determine if you are worthy or not to enter.



We toured The Beehive house and met some adorable Sister missionaries.  They didn't give us the complete tour, though!  But that's okay.  We bought some cookies and drinks afterwards.


Kylie and I were so excited to go shopping at City Creek!  We didn't find tons, but we did find a couple of good things!



After we went shopping, Kylie and I met back up with the other ladies for some overpriced Cheesecake Factory food.  WORST SERVICE EVER.  First of all we waited an hour to get in, then they took an hour and a half to get us our food, and they were out of mashed potatoes (which is what half of us ordered), then when we were done they took my leftover food to box it up, and when they brought it back, my food wasn't even in the box.  They had thrown all of it away (except for like two grains of rice and a tablespoon of sauce)!  Can you believe that?!  Our poor waitress was so embarrassed even though none of it was her fault.  She gave us three free cheesecakes for the mistakes!  That was super nice of her, but none of the six of us will EVER go there again (the food isn't even that good).


We then went to our fancy hotel where we went swimming!  It was so much fun!  I basically only go swimming when I'm at hotels, so it is a rare treat.  Afterwards, we went back to our suite to eat our cheesecake while watching a TV show about plastic surgery.  We were infuriated that they didn't have TLC!  But that is okay because we all fell asleep really quickly.

The next morning Kylie and I put on our matching cat sweaters and we all checked out of the hotel!



We went to a really old diner for some delicious breakfast.  It was really good!  And the diner itself was pretty cute in a slightly creepy kind of way.


After that we went to Asian City so that Jen could pick up some lanterns for her classroom.  But that place is so much fun, so we ended up staying for quite a while!  Kylie and I were sure to buy our Totoros.


And that is the end of our Ladies Trip!  It was so much fun, I'm really glad that we were able to go!  Last year's Ladies Trip was fun also, but we enjoyed having a bigger crowd this time.  We are definitely going to make this an annual thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment