Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Studio Ghibli

I'm really not much of an anime person.  I find it strange and sad that a mere art style has basically taken over what people think of Japan.  Plus a lot of it is violent and I really do believe that it plays a part in the horrific child crimes that are quite common in Japan.

But of course, I'm not against them all, there are some good animes!  I especially love Studio Ghibli.  You may not think you know what I'm talking about, but you actually might.  I loved Hayao Miyazaki's movies when I was a kid, revisited them in middle school, and lately Kylie and I have been watching them when we have free time!

So today I'm going to share with you guys some of my favorite Studio Ghibli movies so that you can watch them and love them too!

Kiki's Delivery Service
This movie was my favorite when I was a kid!  Awh, I love Kiki!  I clearly remember all the dreams I've had where I was flying like Kiki, haha.  It is about a witch who can't quite find her talent, so she decides to start up a delivery service.  It is pretty adorable!

My Neighbor Totoro
Until a couple of weeks ago, I hadn't seen Totoro since I was really really little.  Watching it now, I can't even believe how weird it is!  Haha!  Seiji, Kylie, Nathan, and I were all cracking up the whole time just because it is so strange.  I think it is funny how popular Totoro got (I mean, you've probably heard about him somewhere, right?) because believe it or not, he's hardly even in the movie!  I really enjoy this one, though.  It is about two little girls who move to a new house and make friends with this giant forest spirit who makes weird noises and has a funny smile.

Whisper of the Heart
This movie isn't my favorite of them all, but I do like it.  It was actually my first time watching it about a week ago, and I was surprised to discover just how not strange it was!  It is really adorable though, it is about a girl who meets a boy and falls in love and writes a book and so forth.  At the end of it we couldn't quite understand the point of it, but I do still recommend it.  It is heartwarming.

Spirited Away
This movie might be my favorite of them all!  Of course, it is hard to say, so I don't really know.  But I do love it!  It is creepy, and kind of long...the whole time you kind of have to wonder if you are asleep because it is so weird.  It is about a girl who is stuck in the world of spirits after her parents are turned into pigs.  She has to save them!  I don't think that little kids should watch this movie, as Seiji and I remember it freaking us out when we were little.  But it definitely is an interesting one to watch nowadays!
________________________________________

So there you have it!  My favorite Ghibli movies.  They are just so pleasant, and quite appropriate for children which is a plus.  If you ever get a chance, check them out and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment