Monday, August 18, 2014

Summer 2014 Via Instagram

Like I do every year, I want to review my summer using Instagram pictures!  Two and a half months of summer doesn't sound like much, but a lot can happen in that time.  Like...

Saying goodbye to Simone
This was so sad!  Simone and I had grown really close, and it wasn't fun to think that we wouldn't be able to spend the summer together.  Had she been here for the summer, maybe we'd have planned another spontaneous trip or something!  But alas, we had to say goodbye on the very first day of June.  What a sad way to kick off the summer!  But we went hiking, so we had fun.

Going to China
That was the most amazing experience of my life!  So far, of course.  Kylee and I loved being tourists for two weeks, traveling from city to city.  It is definitely something that I will never forget!  I learned so much on that trip, and would definitely go again.  I miss China!  But not necessarily the food.

Competing at a national level for SkillsUSA
This week was an interesting one for sure!  Having to live off of salad and microwave food from Target and only having a mall for entertainment definitely made for a strange week.  But of course, it was a lot of fun to spend time with my friends!  And presenting our project to the judges was a good experience for me.  Terrifying, but good!

Going camping
I'm quite surprised that we only went camping once this summer!  I feel like we usually go more.  Of course, this was a busier summer than normal, so I'm glad that we were able to make it out at least once!  I enjoyed a weekend away, not having to worry about anything.  And living without air conditioning definitely makes you appreciate it more when you get home!

Dancing in the Obon Festival
I'm so glad that I was able to dance this year!  I really enjoyed spending the time with my cousins, and I of course love dressing up.  I'm also glad that Kylie danced with us!  What a fun tradition.

Saying goodbye to Chris
This goodbye was actually really hard for me, because Chris has been around for as long as I can remember.  Ever since Seiji and him became best friends, he's been like a brother to me!  And of course he was also a good friend to me.  Now he's been gone for almost a month and I can't believe it!  But I'm sure he is doing amazing things.

Ran many trails at Cross Country Camp
This is the first year that Jeff has done cross country!  I don't know how Ethan talked him into it.  Turns out that it is very good for me to have Jeff on the team.  Extra motivation!  It was so much fun going to camp together.  My last camp - I'm going to miss those yearly trail runs with the team!

Went on a Ladies Trip
I was so excited for our annual Ladies Trip, and this year's trip to Salt Lake did not disappoint!  It was such an easy trip to plan, we just had to book a hotel and we were set!  We kind of knew what was around Salt Lake, so it was not hard at all to find things to do.  It was just so much fun spending time with my favorite ladies!
____________________________________________

So though it went extremely fast, I had a really good summer.  Not having to stress over anything, I've learned a lot about myself in just these past couple months and have enjoyed being free to do what I wanted to do.  I don't exactly want school to start, but I am ready for the season to change - autumn is my favorite!

I hope you also had a good summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment