Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Museum of Natural Curiosity

It was Audrie and Arissa's birthday last week!  To celebrate, my mom, Jeff, and I took them to the new museum at Thanksgiving Point today.  It's the Museum of Natural Curiosity, and only my mom had been there before, so Jeff and I had tons of fun exploring with my adorable cousins!


First we had to check out the science room.  It was really cool, I loved all of the hands-on things!  I was surprised how blandly decorated it was, though.  It was definitely not as cute as all the other rooms!


I thought that Kidopolis, the mini little town for kids, was adorable!  They had so much to see in there!  We ran around and did everything possible.




Waterworks was a fun room, also!  We got a little bit wet while we tried to create rivers and dams.  And standing in the wind and fog tornadoes was really funny!



The Rainforest was probably my favorite, though!  It was basically just one giant playground!  It was fun climbing all around like a little kid.  It was a little bit freaky at times, though, because of the tight spaces!

There was a series of webs like these.  We started from the bottom and climbed all the way to the top!


We then went outside to the Discovery Gardens.  They were so much fun!  We went through a maze which we thought was going to be easy... but it was kind of hard, haha!


If it was hotter outside we would have played in the water.  But it was in the evening, so we just had fun playing around it!


We walked around a little bit after that.  Took some nature trails and played some giant tic-tac-toe.  We were excited when we came across some fish that we could feed!






Fish are really funny.  The museum was about to close, so we spent our last couple of minutes playing on the spinny playground!



It was such a fun day!  I'm so glad that I got to spend it with my sweet little cousins who I don't get to see as often as I'd like.  I guess they're not all that little anymore, they are 10 now!

No comments:

Post a Comment