Saturday, September 6, 2014

Comic Con

I never thought I would go to Comic Con!  Big crowds of people in strange costumes doesn't sound that appealing to me.  However, when Kylie's sister ended up not being able to go, Seiji offered me the ticket.  I decided that I might as well check it out since I had the chance (and a free ticket)!

This part of the day was very cool and definitely my favorite.

First, we got up at 6 in the morning to catch the trax.



Little did I know, Comic Con didn't start until 10....  So that meant lots and lots of waiting!


Seriously, we waited FOREVER!  First we had to wait outside and it was freezing cold.  Then they brought us inside which was much better because I wasn't cold, and also we got to look at peoples costumes as they wove through the line (which we were nearly at the front of).


We finally got in!  We were starving, so we got some really gross hot dogs.  We didn't care that they were gross, we were so hungry!

We then checked out some of the vendors.  I must admit that I was pretty tempted to spend money on the Totoro and Harry Potter merch!


I resisted, and we moved on to seeing the sights.  Like the Lord of the Rings section and the batmobile!  Haha, pretty cool!


It was interesting to see this guy getting a 3-d scan.  They can make little action figures of their customers, I thought that was awesome!


By the time we saw maybe a quarter of the convention, we got too overwhelmed by the crowds and had to leave.  It's not tons of fun to squeeze through crowds of sweaty people covered in makeup!

I had a good time checking out Comic Con!  It was better than I thought it would be, but I would not go again because of the crowds.  I'm glad I tried it!

No comments:

Post a Comment