Sunday, September 28, 2014

Goodbye, Kess!

Kess gave her farewell talk today, and she did absolutely amazing!


It was quite crowded in the chapel.  Everyone was excited to support this lovely lady!  She did not let us down.  She really spoke with the spirit and seemed so confident and cool up there.  She is definitely ready to be a missionary and convert thousands!

My favorite part of her talk was when she talked about all of the physical problems she went through that forced her to quit being a competitive gymnast.  She talked about how, at the time, it seemed like the end of the world and the worst thing to ever happen.  But now looking back at it, she recognizes that every trial really is a blessing because the Lord knows what you need to do and what you need to learn.  It is important to have faith in the Lord and his plan, even if it may seem hard!


I am going to miss my Kess so much!  She has been one of my very best friends since we were kids, and it has always been a comfort for me to know that she is always there for me.  She gives the best advice and is always up for an adventure!


Not only is Kess one of my best friends (and one of my second cousins), she is a great example to me.  She always has been, of course, but especially in this past year.  Watching her get so excited about serving a mission, and being faithful even when times got hard made an impact on me.  Without her even trying, she is part of the reason I myself decided that I will serve a mission!

So Kess, you will be amazing.  I know that you will have no problem learning Mandarin during your two months in the MTC, and I know that you will bless the lives of all you meet in Taiwan.  I love you so, so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment