Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Happy Fall Equinox!

Okay, so everybody has been saying that either yesterday, the day before that, or the day before that was the first day of fall.  NO.  The Fall Equinox is TODAY and I am so excited that it has finally arrived!

No really guys, I love fall so much.  It seems like just yesterday I was getting super anxious for fall to begin, but that was a month ago and now fall has really begun.  Woot!

Why am I so ecstatic?  Well, I'm sick of the heat and am ready for cooler weather.  I'm so excited for sweaters, coats, and tights!



Maybe I can soon wear the awesome cape that I bought this summer!  Ahh and I can soon wear my running tights!  Happy days.

The coming of Autumn also marks the advancing of the Holiday season.  I love fall holidays - Halloween is so festive and fun (except for the creepy part of it... I just like dressing up and eating candy), and Thanksgiving is the most beautiful thing ever.


Fall food is also fabulous because now I have an excuse to make big pots of soup for dinner.  You can't really do that in the heat of summer!  And dude, pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING is a highlight.  And pies!  You can never go wrong with pies (even though I make those every season of the year).


Along with fall food comes Starbucks's cold-weather menu.  That means steamers!  Actually, I'm pretty sure they make those all year round, but they only do pumpkin in the fall.  Seiji, Kylie, and I already went on a steamer run... turns out their hazelnut flavor is amazing!


And most importantly, the colors begin to change!  Oh my gosh I am DYING to go up the canyon (so...if you want to take me, please contact me asap).  The colors will soon be gorgeous in my yard and everywhere I drive, and I know that the magnificent colors will make me so happy!


So yeah.  Happy Fall Equinox!  Enjoy the fact that today's day and night are nearly equal in length.  And stock up on those vintage sweaters!

2 comments:

Simone Nielsen said...

You have no idea how much this makes me miss you, and Utah!!!

Madi Riye said...

And me and Utah miss you too! I've been thinking about you lately, I wish you could have gone with us to Idaho! Hope all is well with you :)

Post a Comment