Sunday, September 21, 2014

Random Science Facts

I have this friend whose name is Dayson and he is awesome.  He has such great balance, he perches on the back of chairs instead of normally sitting.  I admire that talent.  He is also very interesting to converse with!

We have classes together every day, and last week I asked him if he had any stellar blog post ideas.  He told me to find some really interesting/strange scientific facts and them post them.  I thought that idea was great!  So I did some research, and this is what I found.  These facts are backed up by at least two websites, so they're probably true, right?!

The average person accidentally eats around 430 bugs per year

A full head of human hair can support 16 tons

If you remove all of the empty space in atoms that make up every human, the entire population could fit into an apple

"Cosmic Latte" is the official average color of our universe

Each person sheds 40 lbs of skin in his or her lifetime

A medium sized cumulus cloud weighs about the same as 80 elephants

The average person walks the equivalent of three times around the world in his or her lifetime

Do you feel more knowledgeable?  I do.  Next I'll have Dayson write down all 100 of the viola jokes he told me the other day, but until then you will just have to wait.

Have a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment