Monday, September 15, 2014

The Hobbit: J.R.R. Tolkien

I am really enjoying my English class!  Actually, it is a little bit scary because I never know what to be prepared for when going to class (distance education makes communication a little difficult).  But I still enjoy it because it is really interesting... we have been learning about analyzing, which I've always loved!  Our assignment was to read The Hobbit and then write an analysis on it.  So today I am going to report to you guys how much I enjoyed this book!


I started reading The Hobbit  when I was in 7th grade or so.  I wasn't as scholarly back then, and gave up before getting half way through.  Then I think I read it in 10th grade, and I liked it but didn't love it.  But reading it in 12th grade was awesome!  I understood every part of it since I pretty much already knew the story.  Because of that, I was able to pay attention to the little details and really take in what the novel was all about.  I didn't get bored at all!  It is a very exciting tale.

Now having reread the book, I like the movies less than I did before.  I won't complain too much about the addition of Tauriel (because I'm a little bit in love with Evangeline Lilly) but I don't think it was necessary at all to add her.  Yes, I realize that there are no lady-characters in this book.  And I don't care!  I don't really know how they are going to fit another movie into the trilogy, since there are not many chapters left to cover.  Nonetheless, I am still excited to watch it!

Well, now I am on one of those fantasy kicks and want to sew myself a flowing cape and make all of the recipes from this Middle Earth Recipe Blog I found.  So bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment