Sunday, October 5, 2014

LDS General Conference

While deciding what to blog about today (because I am totally caught up and it feels awesome!) I decided that it would make a lot of sense to talk about what my life has consisted of these past two days.  That would be... conference!  And laundry, but that is not as exciting to talk about.

Yup.  Our prophet asks us to watch conference, so the faces of many wise people have graced the TV screen in our living room for two days now.


It is really cool to listen to all of these authoritative figures speak because I know that they have been called by God to do so and that what they have to say is extremely important.  I thought it was so cool that they had a lot of foreign speakers give their talks in their native languages.  That is so awesome!  Though I wish that we got subtitles instead of voice overs, I like hearing the languages and it would just be easier that way.

And all of the music was beautiful!  I loved when the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang "I Am a Child of God."  Overall, each meeting was very peaceful and uplifting.

I think that my favorite talk would have to be David A. Bednar's.  He talked about how us as Latter Day Saints aren't trying to force our beliefs on others to prove that we are right or anything, we truly just want other people to have the knowledge and happiness that we do.  He said, "our desire to share the restored gospel of Jesus Christ with you is a reflection of how important these truths are to us", which about sums it up.  I think that is important for us all to remember.  We shouldn't be afraid of sharing our beliefs, just like we aren't afraid of spreading the word about our favorite books or recipes!

I hope that you were able to watch conference this weekend!  If you didn't, do not fear, most of it is already up on LDS.org!

Here are just a few more of my favorite quotes from these past two days:

"Challenges help us become more like our Father in Heaven, and the Atonement of Jesus Christ makes it possible to endure those challenges" -Richard G. Scott

"The love of Jesus Christ must be our guide if we are to become aware of the needs of those we can help in some way" - Hugo E. Martinez

"May we be faithful followers of Christ, examples of righteousness, thus becoming 'lights in the world.'" - President Monson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend!! I just wanna say that we totally need to hangout sometime, I miss u like crazy! Ttyl babe!! Luv ya!

- Suzy ;)

Post a Comment