Sunday, October 12, 2014

The Maze Runner

Okay, so I didn't even know that The Maze Runner came out when it did.  For being one of my favorite stories, you'd think I'd be on top of that!  It was three days after the release date that Alli told me it came out, and I had been dying to see it since.  Finally, after hearing everyone talk about it (I heard mixed reviews), Sarah, my mom, and I went to see it after Regions!


Dang, it was exciting!  The whole movie was giving me some crazy anxiety.  Sarah and I were screeching the whole time, we could hardly contain ourselves.  It stayed exciting from start to finish, there was not a dull moment and the whole thing flew by really fast!

It has been a long time since I read the book, so I don't really know how closely it followed the story, but from what I remember it followed pretty good.  My mom and I were discussing how movies stay pretty true to their books these days, and I definitely appreciate that.  I also appreciate how freaking handsome Minho was.  I expected all of the characters to be attractive, but they really weren't... just Minho!

I recommend this movie.  I would say it's pretty good!  It actually gives you more answers than the book does, but I love the suspense of the whole thing.  I can't wait for the next one to come out, now!  Actually, I can wait and will probably not even realize it when it does come out because that is apparently the kind of person I have become... but I'm still excited!

P.S. I STILL haven't seen The Giver.  Take me to see it and I will love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment