Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Cross Country Banquet

Today was my very last cross country banquet!  I can't believe it, it seems like just yesterday I was sitting at last year's banquet thinking, "man... I only have one of these left!" and now it has come and gone!


What a season it has been.  I started out so strong, I thought this would be my best season yet!  Buuuut then I got injured (stupid IT Band), then I never got back to where I was at the beginning.  Senioritis definitely kicked in, and I got distracted and kind of stopped doing everything that I'm supposed to for school, running regularly included haha.  But despite all of that, it was a super fun season nonetheless!

I feel like I should say something special because this marks the end of an era, but there's actually still Footlocker left (and I'm tired) so we will just save that for later.  Instead let's talk about how awesome the boys looked in their planned matching outfits.  Haha!

I really should not have left my camera with my dad.  He was messing around with it and turned it to manual focus and I didn't even realize until 4 days later (it's hard to tell on my Lumix!)  Lesson learned, dad forgiven.

I made sure that Jacob, Sean, Maddy, Eths, and I got a picture together.  Why?  Because we are the only 4th year runners!  That's kind of crazy!  There were a couple of other kids who started cross country their Freshman year, but we are the only ones who stuck it out.


All of the Seniors were recognized for being Seniors or something like that.  We were each given pictures of the team, I think that was really sweet!


So yeah.  Good season, good banquet.  I do love my team, and I am so grateful for all of the amazing opportunities cross country has given me over the years!  It has really made a difference in my life and has taught me a lot about myself.  And I will never forget the wonderful friends that I made!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's cross country? Did you tour across the country or something? Sounds interesting.

Madi Riye said...

Now that would be a cool program! That's what one of my friends thought it was when I joined too, haha. It's actually just long distance running :)

Post a Comment