Sunday, November 16, 2014

My Plans for the Future

It is always so interesting when November comes around, because that is when I blog about my plans for the future!  Before I start the post, I go back and read the year before and am completely astonished by how much has changed.  The thing is, though, this past year I have done some serious thinking and praying, and now I feel like I really do know what I am going to do with my life.  Of course, I understand that things could definitely change, and that is okay!

Alright, so basically "the future" starts after graduation.  I am so close to being done with my Associates degree, and will finish in June should I decide to take some summer classes.  The thing is, though, I don't really know if I want to take those summer classes.  So that's yet to be decided.  It's possible that I will decide to go on some adventurous vacation instead!  I don't know!

At the end of June I'll probably go to Kentucky and Texas for SkillsUSA and TSA, then hopefully I'll spend the next 6-8 weeks in China studying Mandarin if my NSLI-Y application is accepted.  My summer really is quite foggy at this point, I don't really know what's happening, but that's okay because it will all work out.

Come next fall I will start my Secondary Education Program at UVU!  I may have mentioned it on my blog, and yes, it is true... I am going to be a high school teacher!  It is kind of funny, because my mom would always tell me that I would make a great high school teacher, but I would always laugh at the idea.  Then one day when she said it to me, something hit me and I knew she was onto something.  I thought about it more and more, and came to the conclusion that being a high school teacher just feels right for me.  So I'm rolling with it!  I'm going to be a CTE teacher, probably photo but maybe clothing.  I'm going to work on a Bachelor of Science in Art Education degree, and since I'm so far ahead and that'll only take me two years, I'm thinking of going over to SLCC afterward for two years to get a certificate in fashion design before I look for a teaching job.

I'll live at home for the first year of college, because why move out for a year when I'll just be leaving for a mission come May 2016?  That's right!  I'M SO EXCITED!  I never thought I would go on a mission, even after they made the age change.  But, while sitting at a mission homecoming in like December last year, I all of a sudden realized how much I want to go on a mission.  And ever since, I have been so excited!  The idea of spreading the gospel and the extreme happiness it brings sounds like the best thing ever to me, and I want to be a part of that.  There is this fear in me, though, that I will get engaged before I go on a mission.  That tends to happen to a lot of girls.  But I really do feel like I'm supposed to go on a mission, so I'm trying not to worry!

So there are the next years of my life planned out.  Let's outline them.

UVU for 1 year
Mission for 1.5 years
UVU for 1 more year
SLCC for 2 years

So there's a good 5 and a half years planned out for me!  After those I will find a teaching job and be the third best SkillsUSA adviser to ever exist.

I'm hoping that I'll find a husband that second year I spend at UVU, after my mission, because I don't really expect to find one at fashion school...  guys, the idea of marriage is exciting and I hope to marry someone who is as motivated and adventurous as I am!  Yup.  Someone with big dreams and who will travel the world with me.  Because as a teacher, I will have summers off!  Yes!

So there you have it.  My life as a student, high school teacher, wife, and eventually a mom.  I'll take a couple years off of teaching to raise my kids if money allows, but I'm only planning on having two so that shouldn't be a problem.  I'm so so excited for my future, and it is so crazy how close it is now!

No comments:

Post a Comment