Thursday, November 27, 2014

Some Things I'm Grateful For...

Happy Thanksgiving!  Thanksgiving is a freaking awesome holiday.  It is just so cozy in every way, and I love spending time with my family!  The food is good, too.  Tomorrow I'll share with you guys what my Thanksgiving looked like, but today let's just talk about a few things that I'm grateful for.  Because there are many!

I'm thankful for the gospel!


I can't believe how much my testimony has grown over the past year.  The gospel has always been an important part of my life, of course, but I think I'm only now discovering how amazing it is.  I've learned that the gospel brings true happiness, and it has really healed and strengthened me over the course of the year.  It is such a comfort that Heavenly Father knows what is best for me, and that he will bless me and lead me if I trust and follow him.  I'm so grateful for that knowledge!

I'm thankful for my family!


Dysfunctional?  Absolutely.  But my family is very tight knit, I love them a lot and I know that they love me.  I'm grateful for my mom who is my favorite person in the world.  She has always been there for me, but knows that I need a lot of room for independence and respects that.  I'm so grateful for Seiji who looks out for me and cares for me more than he lets on.  He can make me laugh when things get rough, and helps me remember that things could be worse.  I'm grateful for my dad, too, for providing for our family and for fixing our computers!

I'm thankful for my friends!




At some point in October, I was feeling a little bit weird because all of a sudden I felt like I didn't have any friends.  Senior year will do that to you, apparently.  But, I've since come to my senses and have remembered that I have the best friends in the entire world!  Really, though, I have snatched up the most quality people at our high school.  I am so so blessed to be surrounded with such amazing people who are not only fun, but also great examples to me.  My friends push me to become a better person, and are always there for me when I need an adventure or some advice.  I'm so grateful for them!

I'm thankful for this beautiful world!



Do you even realize how absolutely magnificent Earth is?  I hope that you do, because it is the most beautiful thing.  I love nature, I love history, I love culture - I basically just love everything that traveling the world has to offer.  There is so much to explore that I don't think I will ever get bored.  I'm so grateful for this earth and for all of my opportunities to see it!
____________________________________________

I hope that you also took time to reflect on what you are thankful for!  There are so many things to be grateful for - it is humbling and eye-opening to realize how blessed we are.  Today is a fabulous day to go back and read President Uchtdorf's talk on gratitude that he gave in April.  It's one of my favs.  In fact, let's close with a quote from it!

"There is one thing we can do to make life sweeter, more joyful, even glorious...
We can be grateful!"
-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

No comments:

Post a Comment