Sunday, December 14, 2014

Conference Quotes of the Week

For the past month or so, I've taken on an awesome habit.  I listen to a conference talk on my way to work!  It is seriously one of the best parts of the day.  This past week I decided that it would be even more beneficial if I took one quote every day from the talk I listen to, write it on my mirror, and apply it to my life.  It has been way cool.  So, because I need to erase my mirror to make more room, and I don't want to just lose all of these quotes, I'm going to dump them all here!  And hey, maybe you will find these quotes helpful as well.  That would be good.

As we arise each morning, let us determine to respond with love and kindness to whatever might come our way.
-President Monson

Christ is the anchor that holds us and protects us and our families through the storms of life.
-President Packer

When we get the inspiration from heaven to do something, we do it now - we don't procrastinate.
-President Monson

Those who rely solely on themselves and follow only their own desires and self-inclinations are so limited when compared to those who follow God and tap into His insight, power, and gifts.
-Elder Perry

More than having a mere passive belief in Christ, we should look unto him in every thought, do all that we do in the name of the Son, and always remember him and keep his commandments, that we may always have his spirit to be with us.
-Elder Corbridge

Understanding the doctrine of Christ and strengthening our testimony is a labor that will bring real joy and satisfaction.
-Elder Teh

If we are sincerely seeking the truth, we will do all in our power to find it, which can include reading the scriptures, going to church, and doing our best to keep the commandments of God.  It also means that we are willing to to God's will when we find it.
-Elder Aidukaitis

No comments:

Post a Comment