Monday, December 1, 2014

Happy Birthday To My Best Friend!

I love this lady more than anything in the world.


Seriously, though!  I could not ask for a better mom.  She is the perfect example of what I personally think a parent should be like.  She has always given me tons of independence and has taught me to think for myself.  All of my decisions in life were mine alone, as my mom knew that I would learn best from my own mistakes and achievements.  She supports all of my endeavors and big dreams, and gives me the freedom to do what I think is best.  She's a bit of a feminist, and she has instilled in me the belief that I can achieve anything I want all by myself if I work hard enough.

My mom is the strongest person that I know, and she has taught me how to be tough and endure through trials.  She's always there for me when I'm going through hard times, and she always understands my problems perfectly because she has been there before.  Sometimes, a lot of the time actually, we go through trials together, and I think it is really good for us that we have each other.

As I've gotten older, my mom and I have become more like friends than anything else.  I love spending time with her!  Whether we are just sitting around on her bed or getting our weekly Costa Vida, I feel comfortable telling my mom about everything in my life just as I do with my close friends.  She will listen to me talk about boys or SkillsUSA for hours, and I love hearing stories about her cute 2nd grade class.  She always gives the best advice about anything and understands my side of things.  One of the coolest things about her is that she is totally okay with me skipping class if I know it is going to be a waste of time!  In fact, she sometimes even encourages it because sometimes I end up in her classroom instead, haha!

I'm so proud of my mom.  This year, she has passed some milestones that have really inspired and influenced me.  I think that she is one amazing lady!  I admire all of her efforts to achieve happiness, because she has taught me that that is pretty much the most important thing in life.  I will always be so grateful for everything that my mom has done for me, because I don't know if I would have turned out okay without her!

So mom, I love you so so much!  Thank you for all you have done for me and for the things you have taught me.  I hope you had an excellent birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment