Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Highlights of 2014 (Part 1)

I can't believe the year is already over!  Of course, everyone says that at the end of every year, so I won't talk about how the time flew so fast and whatever.  This year was a ton of fun!  I went a lot of places and made a lot of new friends.  So, here are just a few of the fun things that happened this year:

This was really cool!  I mean, considering that it's not even my story, it's not that big of a deal, but it was still a lot of fun.  I enjoy the fact that I am now a stock photo for the LDS church.

Okay, what did I even do before I got a car?  I had my license for 10 months before these delightful gentlemen showed up to my house with a car of my own.  Having an automotive genius grandpa and a hardworking brother are huge blessings.  My freedom is definitely magnified by my ability to transport myself anywhere I desire!

With my decision to not run the upcoming season (it was a really hard decision, but I simply do not have the motivation for it), it turns out that my junior year held my final track season.  And it was a lot of fun!  The meets were of course scary, but they were good for me, and the time spent with my friends made for some unforgettable memories.

Coolest thing ever!  I don't really compete in anything other than running, so I am definitely not used to winning things... so this was way cool.  We put in so much work for our SkillsUSA project, it was fun to see it all pay off!  And with the best team ever!

Who even gets to go to Disneyland with their BFFs?  Apparently us.  Choir tour was incredibly fun, I am so happy that I got the opportunity to go to one of the best places ever with some of the best people ever.  Namely Kylee, Jeff, and Simone.  Not the rest of the choir.  Haha.

I love this picture!  Prom was a lot of fun.  Of course, I'm not into the whole high school dream thing where prom is a huge deal, I just enjoyed the excuse to wear a vintage party dress and go to the Capitol, that fancy place, with my friends.

Life-changing!  Going to China was so amazing, I loved learning about the culture and being completely immersed in it.  I did a lot of things most people don't have the opportunity to do, and I ate some pretty wretched food.  I won't ever forget the experience, especially my run on the Great Wall in the pouring rain!  So beautiful.  The whole trip was beautiful.  And going with my best friend (and trying to coordinate outfits every day)?  Even cooler!

Competing at a national level... scary!  It was terrifying to present to those judges, but I'm glad I had the experience because I did learn from it.  More importantly, the trip to Kansas City was way fun!  Yeah, mostly we just ate salad in the halls and went back and forth between Target and our hotel, but it was some quality time spent and I'm glad I could go.

I danced in Obon
I was so excited to dance in Obon this year!  I didn't dance last year because of the once in a lifetime chance to see The Postal Service, so I'm super glad I could dance this year.  The festival was as beautiful as ever, I always love the reason to wear my mom's pretty yukata and pretend that I'm a graceful dancer.  It was so much fun that Kylie joined in on the tradition!  I was of course bummed that my girl Alli wasn't able to dance, but hey, Obon happens every year!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment