Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Highlights of 2014 (Part 2)

Ladies Trip!  I'm so glad that it's an annual thing!  I'm quite positive you know by now that the ladies of my family are my best friends ever.  We have way too much fun!  I enjoyed spending the weekend eating an abundant amount of food and giggling with these ladies of mine.

I started my Senior year and somehow am enjoying it!
I struggled my junior year.  I had a really hard time with high school and how futile it seemed.  I felt like I was wasting my time and I was so ready to move on!  I thought I would absolutely die having to go through another year of school, but guess what?!  I love school now!  I think that it is the fact that I am not taking very many classes, so I don't have to be at school that often.  And I lost a lot of my "responsibilitude", so I just don't go to class if I don't want to.  I know, that's a horrible thing to do, but now my view of school is pretty positive and my grades still sufficiently rock... so maybe it is all good!

 Junior Madi was one stubborn girl.  I thought I'm not going to get a job because then I would have to do things that people tell me to do and be places when people tell me I have to be there.  Then, for some reason, I started looking for a job and with God's help I landed the best high-school level job in the entire world.  Seriously.  I love it.  I have best coworker, the most hilarious and understanding boss, and the company I work for (Thanksgiving Point) is just too cool.  It is a happy place and they give me lots of discounts.  The greatest thing about my particular job is that I don't have to work in guest services and talk to people, and I don't have to stay in one place all day.  Oh, and my hours are so, so flexible... Junior Madi kind of wins!

I was dubbed our chapter's "Communications Officer" and it has turned out to be the best thing in the world.  I love being so involved in the coolest club at my school!  And I am obsessed with our presidency, we have so much fun and are given a lot of awesome opportunities.  Through my experience with SkillsUSA, I've discovered my love for CTE programs... which basically led to my careerchoice!

I'm quite sure that this is the most adorable picture of all time.  I love my cross country friends dearly, and I am so glad that I could spend my last season with them.  We literally have had a good run.  Ha.  Yes, the season was excellent even though it didn't end up as I hoped!  Lots of memories were made, and I must say that the Boise trip was a blast.

I freaking loved A101!  Some of my friends remember it as a painful experience, but I thought it was completely awesome.  I loved spending time with my new friends, and it was reallycool to be able to meet and talk with important people.  I learned that I kind of enjoy being business-like!  (My love for dress pants grew through the experience.  I'm telling you, they feel like yoga pants... yet you can run for president in them!)

Most random and cool opportunity ever.  It was the strangest day, devoting the entirety of it to driving an hour away, acting in the freezing cold with a bunch of strangers the whole day, then driving home.  It was like a dream.  But what a cool experience it was!  It kind of gave a visual to doctrine; it was beautiful and touching and I feel blessed to have been a part of it.  Plus I think I can really pull off the headscarf look.

I fell in love with the earth!
I've always been excited by the world and all of the beauty and culture it has to offer, but this autumn was so surreal that I became completely obsessed.  Guys, the world is freaking gorgeous and I want to see ALL OF IT.  There is beauty in nature, beauty in cities, and so much beauty in every single individual and their story.  There is an extreme amount to explore in this world, and I'm so grateful for that!

I never thought I'd actually go for Sterling Scholar.  Well, I guess I thought about it in years past, but I thought I'd go for something like English or Science or something I'm not excellent in but reasonably proficient at.  Of course, when G told me that there is a CTE section, I thought that I was the only one in the school qualified for it so I decided I might as well apply.  Then it turned out that I was up against two girls with excellent grades and great stories, yet I still won.  So that's pretty cool!  (It is actually kind of a lot of work now, haha... I wasn't anticipating this.  I just wanted the high school glory.)
____________________________________

So, a lot of things happened this year, I guess!  In a way, things didn't change much at all, but I know that I have come a really long way as a person.  This year I've really learned how to take charge of my problems and overcome them on my own.  I've learned how to do what is best for myself, and by doing so I have been able to be there for and help others.

Also, my testimony has grown at an exponential rate this year, and it has put me in a happier state than I have been in many years past!  I feel like my trust in God's plan is practically mastered, and with that has come so much faith and hope that I've truly been able to realize what a blessing every day is.

I'm grateful for all of the opportunities to learn and grow that 2014 has thrown at me, and I'm ready for the change and excitement of 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment