Friday, December 12, 2014

The Holiday Spirit

Christmas has sprung up on us so fast!  Of course, I've been working on online Christmas shopping since October because that is my favorite pastime ever, so I'm ready with presents already.  But I really can't believe that Christmas is the week after next.  Maybe it doesn't seem right because of the lack of snow outside (which I have actually been okay with.  I dunno.  I have mixed feelings).

Anyway.  This evening I decided that it was time to get in the holiday spirit!  How did I do that?  Well, this week my mom, Kylie, and I saw something that we just had to buy...


It's probably one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.  I texted a picture of it to good old Jeff and he hustled on over to participate in the assembly!


Even Shakee joined in on the fun!


Of course, you can't get in the Christmas spirit without some festive music.

You see, I've spent two Christmas seasons rejoicing whenever something from this album came up on my indie holiday Pandora station.  This year I was like "what the crap - why don't I just buy the CD?!"  A bit of inspiration, no doubt.  So, thanks to Amazon Prime, we had this album to listen to while working on our puzzle!


I quite enjoyed listening to it over and over - we all did!  It has several artists that I really like on it and some really unique songs that were either hilarious or fantastically done.  It was quite "jivey" to put it in my mother's words, but that is just what we needed for this fabulous evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment