Wednesday, January 28, 2015

As the Winter Blues Set In...

As the winter blues set in, every year I struggle with being positive.  Really, January and February are the worst.  I must be super affected by the weather or something.  So, I know that I've done a couple of posts like this before, but today I want to jot down some things that unfailingly make me happy!  Because it is very important to focus on those things, however small they may seem.

Natural light
Seriously.  Opening my curtains, letting the natural light pour through, is one of my favorite parts of the day.  Of course, the effect isn't as awesome when the whole world outside is gray, but sometimes it is sunny enough that it lights my room with this really cozy glow that even Shakee can't resist.  Natural light is pretty much the most beautiful thing ever!  (Now if only the days weren't so short...)

Leftovers
I love leftovers!  Thinking about what to eat every day is such a pain, who even has time to be creative and make something anymore?  But if you have leftovers, all you have to do is heat them up and then BAM!  You're food is ready; you can eat and then run off to whatever class you're late for (though less so than usual because your breakfast was taken care of)!

Talking to my friends and family
Some may say that it is Senioritis to blame for me being so willing to shirk my academic duties to hang out with my friends or family.  But I think it is an appropriate rearranging of priorities!  There is nothing I love more than just talking to these people who I love, even if we aren't being productive (sure, I'll sit on this couch and talk to you for 4 hours, or watch this movie that looks mind-numbing!).  It brings me great happiness, so who even cares that I haven't started my fashion design project?!

Vintage mugs
I don't know why, but I have a thing for vintage mugs.  I have a variety of old mugs that I've thrifted throughout my life (not even gross, I promise) and they are downright fabulous.  They inspire me to drink more water; I seriously will stand in front of my fridge and drink water for five minutes straight with one of my vintage mugs (the light blue on is my favorite).  That could also be because I am addicted to water, but that is beside the point.  Good thing all of the plants that I had in those mugs died, so now I can use them!

Playing the piano
One of my biggest struggles as of late is the inability to pull myself away from the piano.  I have a daily jam session with myself every morning when my parents leave for work, and usually it results in me being late to art.  But I just love playing the piano so much!  It is therapeutic in many ways, and there are just so many things to play.  Now, if only I can master how to eat food and play piano at the same time will I achieve true happiness...

_____________________________________________

Those are just a few of the many things that make me happy!  Some more things would be ice cream, singing in my car, and the view of the mountains that I see every evening on my way home from work.

Have an exceptional day!

No comments:

Post a Comment